Monthly Archives: September, 2013
EdWeek Student Writing Exemplars – Check out these exemplars of students writing towards the Common Core!
Writing Across the Curriculum – A variety of strategies for getting students to write, compiled by Michigan State!
Writing Across the Discipline – A compendium of strategies for planning, grading, and setting standards for student writing in Social Studies (specifically 8th grade)
200 Prompts for Argumentative Writing – A collection of great prompts that can get your kids thinking and making opinions!
Document Based Questions (DBQ) Resources
- Regents Archives
- AP Archives (some require an easy login)
- Other resources
- Sample DBQs for a wide variety of grade-levels (see right-hand column)
- Middle School and High School DBQ database
- Worksheets to help students with Document Analysis (GREAT!)
- Lesson Plans for Teaching with Documents (GREAT!)
- DBQ Resource Page (okay resources to help planning and teaching)